Penang Buddy Bear Design Contest (Closed)
Here’s a chance for you to design and conceptualise a Penang themed Buddy Bear. Imagine having a Buddy Bear designed by you, travelling around the world representing Penang and our Country! Sounds awesome, isn’t it? Sign up for the Penang Buddy Bear Contest now!
In your own interpretation, you’re free to express how a ‘Penang’ Buddy Bear should be. Whether you’d like to use the iconic Penang Bridge, popular Street Art or other features of Penang, it absolutely has got to be a ‘Penang’ themed Buddy Bear.
So, do you have what it takes to design a Penang Buddy Bear?
Submit your entry now! Deadline is on 14 August 2016.
- There is no fee imposed or any kind of purchases required to enter the contest.
- You are required to submit only one (1) design.
- Email the completed artwork, in an attachment of not more than 3mb in JPEG or PNG.
- Artwork submission is to be only emailed - email@example.com
- Artwork submission is to include a 50-word description of the design concept which can be in either English, Chinese or Malay languages.
- Submission is to also include participant’s details such as full name, age, IC number, contact number and occupation.
Terms & Conditions
- There should be no profanity and derogatory elements used in the design.
- The design must remain within the given outline, as no extensions will be fabricated.
- Participants must be 12 years and above and a Malaysian.
- The winner must be present in Penang to execute the painting of the design onto the actual Buddy Bear.
- The design can be hand-drawn or done with computer but no photographic images allowed.
- The design must be original - no plagiarism allowed.
- Entry closing date is on 14 August 2016, after which no entries will be entertained.
- Winner will be notified via phone call or email - please submit your reachable contact details.
- Employees of E Plus, Penang Global Tourism (PGT) and Majlis Bandaraya Pulau Pinang (MBPP) or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the contest or helping to set it up are not eligible to enter the contest.
- The organiser is E Plus, supported by PGT and MBPP. The event organiser reserves the right to cancel or amend the contest and these terms and conditions without prior notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the organiser’s control.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other participants will be used solely in accordance with current data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the participant’s prior consent.
- By entering this contest, the participant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Entries are received via email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All entries are compiled.
- 3 entries are then shortlisted by a panel of independent judges.
- The 3 entries are then posted on Facebook – United Buddy Bears Penang.
- United Buddy Bears Penang’s Facebook will be used for public voting.
- Winner will be selected based on the most number of genuine votes.
- Selection of the winner will undergo a detailed authentication process.
- If the winner cannot be contacted within 3 days upon selection, the organiser reserves the right to withdraw the title and determine the next winner in line.